Tuesday, July 5, 2016

My Night Began Like Ancient Men

My Night Began Like Ancient Men

My night began like ancient men,
Who close their eyes and wake again.
Those things that do disturb my sleep,
And cause most men like me to weep,
Are things in past I did not do,
Yes indeed, it is so true.
Life neglected is not regained,
That is the thing that’s most insane
About this life, the waste involved,
When not lived fully, and not resolved.
To live it bravely and without regret,
One must get up, not be beset
By seductive comfort, and simple ways
That fills one’s soul and kills one’s days.
An adventurous life need not die,
Because of age and death grows neigh.
Live your life as if it’s new,
Beauty, hope and love pursue.
Then go gently into that night,
Knowing  full well that all went right.

No comments:

Post a Comment